Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Offer of Employment

Monday I received an "Offer of Employment" from the Clark County School District. I was initially confused--this offer came without a school or grade. However, after reading a little more carefully (a strategie I highly recommend) I realized that this offer guaranteed a position within the district. So without a second interview I have a contract to teach.

Woo-Hoo!

There's a part of me though that is extremely flattered (Las Vegas thinks I'm a big deal) and another that's leary (they'll hire without a second interview...wha?). The truth is, it's a job. It's an adventure, which is what I was looking for in the first place. I'm really excited, but I'm also afraid of being disappointed but really the only way to resolve that is to go out there, be awesome, teach some kids and not lose my first paycheck at the slots.

No comments: